Vendor Feature: Intrigue Design + Events
We are really excited about this blog post because we are featuring one of our favorite vendors: Intrigue Design + Events! We got in contact with owner Chelsye and had her answer a few questions about weddings and working with us!
1. Tell us about yourself and where you’re based!
My name is Chelsye Harp, and I am the Owner and Event Director of Intrigue Design and Events. We are a full-service destination event planning and production company, specializing in weddings and corporate soirees. We also facilitate venue management and consulting services, and have worked with many developers all over the East Coast. Intrigue was founded in 2008, and we will be celebrating 14 years this November! We are based in Charleston, SC, but we love to travel and will go to infinity and beyond for our clients.
2. What is your favorite part of the planning process with a client?
My favorite part of the planning process is finding what makes our couples special and individualistic, and showcasing those qualities throughout the wedding day – a representation of love truly exemplified in every moment of the wedding day!
3. Can you share a memory about working with Emerald Empire Band? Emerald Empire Band never fails to make the first dances extra special. It one of my favorite moments to witness on a wedding day! We commend you all for always getting involved with the crowd and creating a wonderful overall guest experience.
4. Share one of your most memorable experiences as a planner.
We adore anything that is different and love to be challenged. One of our most memorable experiences was planning and facilitating a 3-day Traditional Indian Destination Wedding, host at The William Aiken House. It was memorable because we had only TWO months to plan the huge wedding weekend. The design was incredibly beautiful and had such significant meaning behind every detail. It was a life changing experience and assisting the couple was extremely rewarding when it came through fruition!
5. What is your business mantra?
Our business mantra is, Do Something Different, Let it Inspire You.
(Amidst-COVID Keep Calm or…Just Drink More Wine)